Thursday, September 20, 2007

Strong Emotions


Yesterday I was overwhelmed with thoughts and worries about the near future. The feelings came on strong and randomly. I was just watching TV and boom it hit me like a ton of bricks. Normally I don't worry about the future and try to live in the present, but yesterday was different, the effects were strong, and very unnerving.

I get those feelings every once in a while, but cant figure out what the right course of action could be.

  • Is it a sign, trying to tell me that I need to act now on something? (i.e.) Career move.
  • Is it an impulse I am receiving from the cosmos, trying to mess with my harmony?
  • Is it telling me that I should go back to school for my Masters?
  • It could be anything and thats the problem.
I am leaning towards bullet point numbers 1 &3 but I am just not sure. Its not like if I am on a one way street here as far as careers are concerned, i have plenty of main streets to choose from to get to the destination or destiny, but I find myself taking the backstreet's for some reason. That reason being that its just less hectic.
I don't like that reason though, I don't like it one bit, but I don't think I will change my route until I find type of work that I can really see myself enjoying.

I feel as if there is another being in me trying to breakout.

2 comments:

Andre said...

Hey Aldo,

I'm all for actively pursing self-improvement; be it academic, professional or otherwise. The only time I take issue with people's pursuits is if they're sought with the wrong intentions. Specifically, if you only feel compelled to make these kinds of moves because of what other people are doing (friends, family, etc.); the outcome is usually not that great. Indeed, it's often times to your detriment. I often urge people to pick a road that's commensurate with THEIR OWN personal experiences and aspirations.

Of course, if none of this applies to you (and it probably doesn't), just ignore what I said and go after whatever it is you want...

DobyD said...

Thanks for the good advice Dre.