Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Adam & Eve Theory


On my way home from work Friday afternoon I was lost in though about family and how amazing it is to be a kid. This is not due to the fact that they have no responsibilities and such, but because of how they are so captivated by the little things in life. They approch the world with these big fun loving eyes and enough curiosity to kill all nine of a cats lives. They dont care what they say or do, whether they may be naked or not, whether what they are doing is wrong or right. They are free to explore and learn and LIVE. At that same moment I was struck by a line in the song I was playing on the car stereo. The verse is highlighted in light blue.
MATISYAHU
"Time Of Your Song"

The world is moving to the song I hear,
Who's that singing, wind is rushing in my ear,
Mind gushing memories almost lost everything,
Felony and fellows running in my dream,
We were in the van where the hits were driving,
Saw myself In the highlands at age 13
And I'm asking questions to the present day me,
Moving backwards down the hill see we were posting.

[Chorus]
Moonlight illuminate my night and my days sunray make the people say
And a vision something's missing so they're screaming out loud
Keep my feet on ground and my head in the clouds.
I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go
And I know and I go and I go get up and go
Make me feel its for real tell me what you know.

I don't need to glorify, Ate the apple of the tree and tried to lie, In the garden ill remember That's when I started to sing I said death brings life into uncertain things, Cut some slack for me Sun setting autumn breeze Sound is moving like a chorus Keep hearing that melody, Check the radio but theres nothing playing, Check the radio again but theres nothing playing.
[Chorus]

Rewind:

Dub-wise!

Swing low, sweet chariot of flames
Change my name, Yo!
It Was always the same,
Till if only what you find when you climb,
Check the radio but of all that shines there's no time,
My life is making your mind work in overtime,
But along the line you'll have to pay for the crime.
Slow it down You turbo too soon,
Vroom vroom then you want to blast off unto the moon,
But you might get trapped in a temple of doom,
You might get trapped in a temple of doom.

[Chorus]

"Ate the apple of the tree and tried to lie." Then BOOM! It hit me, and this might seem like a insignificant view to some, but to me it made things clearer. Kids remind me of Adam and Eve B.E.F or (Before Eating the Fruit). Think about it, they did not care that they were naked, they did not feel ashamed for what they did. They just were. As soon as they bit into the fruit they realize that they are naked and became ashamed, they are no longer comfortable in their own skin, they are afraid, they hid from God! Now we dont really have a literal forbiden fruit in our times so it must be somthing equivalent to it. Kids lose thier innocence at a certain age and thier societal & cultural conditioning takes over.

So then I thought to myself, maybe original sin is not bestowed upon us directly after birth, but that we are allowed to experience the garden of Eden as children. Followed by the equivalent of eating the fruit which forces us to exit it. I can no longer see children the same light, they see life the way I would like too. One day, I hope that I will once again knock on the door to paradise and be allowed in.



15 comments:

DobyD said...

not one of my most popular post i see.

Andre said...

If I were you, I wouldn't get in the habit of judging 'popularity', especially by something as insignificant as the number of hits you receive. I like to see blogging, journal writing, manifestos, etc. as a picturebook; showing your growth from the first entry you wrote to the present.

When I first started writing my blog, I think that some of my best work was the stuff I wrote at the beginning. But, it's fun to see how much my thinking has changed and, in some cases, progressed since my first day.

To me, that's more satisfying that putting together a post that gets 100 comments.

Andre said...

But...

Andre said...

...if...

Andre said...

...it...

Andre said...

...makes...

Andre said...

...you beter...

Andre said...

...here...

Andre said...

...are...

Andre said...

...a...

Andre said...

...few more...

Andre said...

...comments...

DobyD said...

i dont really mind which post is popular or not andre but thanks for trying to boost my blogging moral.

By the way what did you think of the post. any comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»