Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stuck between a rock and a hard place...


How do you tell what is the right thing to do when there is no distigusihably bad charactersistics in the choices at hand? Thats my million dollar question for this week. I really dont know... Usually there is somthing tugging at my soul leading me on to the correct path, but now I have come to a fork in the road with two identical paths. Normaly I would go the Robert Frost way and take the one less traveled by, but whats the deal when they both appear the same? How do you advance? Is it merely left up to a guess or guesstimate? I dont want to accept that... Has anyone come across this type of predicament? If so share with me, for I am stumped at the moment. I may have done something that could either be a step back from my previous position or a blessing in disguise. I dont know and it is somthing that has eaten at me all day. I just dont know, the signs point to nothing. I have asked gods help and he usually answers in some obscure way that I manage to catch and relate to the topic for which the help was pertaining to, but I dont think I got his last memo. Fellow bloggers, share your views with me if you've got them. Thanks again...
Jah Bless

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

I follow what my heart says sometimes.. Cuz when we use too much brains.. it confuses everything up.. I feel that letting ur heart lead the way may bring u unexpected surprizes.. u know this is from a woman's point of view.. u know woman.. intuition.. they link.. But for men.. I don't know about it..

DobyD said...

I think men in todays age are so hard wired to be macho men, so i think you got a good point. Ying and Yang, male and female, i think people have both in them which brings forth the right balance, but we tend to ignore or disregard the opposite side of the balanced equation.

Andre said...

This one's a little more difficult to assess that I once realized. Heart versus Head; Emotion versus Logic. It's an age-old conflict. It's interesting that it's found a way to pop up on you like this.

Now, I may be in the minority with what I'm about to say but, here goes:

What I've always noticed about the Robert Frost poem (and, for that matter any choices we've ever made) is that we leave out one important choice: The decision not to take either road. I think that sometimes God makes our situation SO tough that the best way to get out it with a clear conscience is to forgo the OBVIOUS options that appear to be right in our face. Can't choose between Halle and Angelina? Don't choose either. Maybe your goddess is the anonymous person you meet at the gas station. Can't choose between the Heat and the Pistons? Then choose the Raptors. They might draft the next Michael Jordan.

Simply put, sometimes the best choice you can make is to NOT choose at all...

DobyD said...

I really connect to that thought andre. Thanks. Its somthing that i did without notice to so its kind of ironic. I think your response is the truth.

DobyD said...

bye the way. chele is aldo and aldo is chele

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»